Work at Torsh
As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about education and want to change the world. If you fit that description, check out our open positions below.
Account Manager (Manager, Account Services)Posted November 16th, 2017
We are seeking to hire a Manager of Account Services to help us manage and deepen our relationships with our customers. In this role, the Manager of Account Services will be expected to help our customers maximize their investment in our products as well as help them improve educator outcomes.
Torsh Inc. is an education technology company that produces Torsh TALENT, an online professional learning platform that enables organizations to support educator growth through the entire development cycle of observation, assessment, goal-setting, feedback and coaching. Our mission is to drive significant gains in student success by improving educator instructional effectiveness. We are seeking to hire a Manager of Account Services to help us manage and deepen our relationships with our customers. In this role, the Manager of Account Services will be expected to help our customers maximize their investment in our products as well as help them improve educator outcomes. Success in this position requires great planning and people skills, as well as the ability to constantly think about new ways for our customers to utilize our products. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated and successful track record of managing a portfolio of clients, increasing and improving annual client retention rates, and implementing a variety of projects from start to finish.
· Develop and maintain an understanding of key customer needs including a thorough understanding of how the company’s technology and services create value for customers
· Build relationships with our customers and ensure their needs are met
· Understand our products/services and make sure our customers know how to use them
· Conduct ongoing customer account reviews to determine if and how customers are using our products/services
· Introduce and upsell customers to new services and product features
· Research, identify and articulate the products/services that solve our customers’ most pressing needs
· Consult with our customers to understand what they are trying to do and how we can help them get there with our products or with the products/services of our partners
· Collaborate with the company’s product development team to design and develop appropriate product features for our customers
· In collaboration with the company’s CEO, recruit, hire and train the personnel required to grow the account services team
· Special projects/initiatives as assigned
Formal Education & Certification
· Four year university degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus
Knowledge & Experience
· 4 + years of experience in the K-12 education industry
· Demonstrable passion for K-12 education
· Account services and/or management experience in the training, professional development or human capital development industries is a strong plus
· Project management experience is a strong plus
· Strong working knowledge of Google productivity suite (drive, sheets, docs), Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Technically competent and familiar with web and mobile applications
· Proven leadership ability
· Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, listening and written communication skills
· Exceptional planning, organization and time management skills
· Ability to coordinate multiple activities
· High level of professionalism and integrity; good judgment
· Superior work ethic and high energy level
· Experience and ability to work in a fast paced, growing startup environment
The Manager of Account Services will be compensated with a competitive combination of base salary, bonus, benefits and equity.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com.
Dev Ops Engineer (Part Time/ Contract)Posted September 12th, 2017
If you are a DevOps or Systems Engineer with Linux, MongoDB, Node, and Automation experience in AWS, please read on.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering / DevOps team in New Orleans or Remotely. We are looking to fill a need for a highly competent and highly motivated individual to be part of the team implementing a new application and partial migration of existing infrastructure into highly secure infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with development team to integrate our projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to overall design.
Be a DevOps champion - work closely with the team to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
Setup secure and scalable MongoDB instances on top of AWS infrastructure.
Setup a secure and scalable Meteor Hosting environment on top of AWS infrastructure
Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly secure and scalable services
Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis:
Education, Skills and Experience:
5 years of Unix/Linux administration
- Experience with security compliant infrastructure
Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc…
Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
Experience with Infrastructure as Code
A solid Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens when this fails ” when you build things
Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM
Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like CircleCi and Git
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org