Work at Torsh
As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about education and want to change the world. If you fit that description, check out our open positions below.
Bookkeeper and Office ManagerPosted March 10th, 2017
We are seeking a detail-oriented, multi-dimensional candidate to serve as administrator and point person on three operational areas for Torsh. The Finance and Operations Manager role encompasses bookkeeping, office management, and human resources functions, as assigned.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, multi-dimensional candidate to serve as administrator and point person on three operational areas for Torsh. The Bookkeeper and Office Manager role encompasses bookkeeping, office management, and human resources functions, as assigned.
Who We Are
Torsh is a New Orleans-based education technology company that produces Torsh TALENT, an online professional development platform that enables organizations to support educator growth through the entire development cycle of observation, assessment, goal-setting, feedback, and coaching. Our mission is to drive significant gains in student success by improving educator instructional effectiveness.
· Issue invoices, track receivables, conduct monthly bank reconciliation and manage and verify expense reports.
· Organize office operations and procedures, prepare payroll, order supplies and perform clerical duties for organizational staff.
· Serve as front line for visitors and phone calls and route to appropriate department or staff as necessary.
· Administer management of 401K, health benefits, insurances, contracts and other program needs.
· Prepare a range of correspondence and reports with clarity and accuracy.
· Perform human resources functions to manage candidate database, conduct initial screenings, track candidate progress and assist in onboarding new hires.
· Schedule meetings, coordinate travel plans and assist with conferences or special events.
Formal Education & Certification
· Four-year university degree in accounting or related field is preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
· Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks required.
· Knowledgeable about bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Experience in business management of day to day operations preferred.
· Technical competence working in MS Office and Google for Work Apps.
· Ability to analyze and prioritize tasks to achieve the highest efficiency and greatest output.
· Exceptionally self-motivated, and able to carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
· Superior work ethic with keen attention to detail.
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Highly organized and process-driven.
· Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, growing startup environment.
To apply, please contact us at email@example.com and include your cover letter and resume.
We are looking for someone to help Torsh’s lead developer execute the company’s mission and business plan as an education technology company through the development, deployment and management of its technology infrastructure and software applications.
About the Job:
Your role is to help Torsh’s lead developer execute the company’s mission and business plan as an education technology company through the development, deployment, and management of its technology infrastructure and software applications. This requires envisioning and understanding the Company’s product offerings, developing and maintaining its mobile and web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
- B.S. Comp Science or related field
- At least 3 years experience building mobile or web applications
- Hands-on development experience with more than one web application framework
- Ability to discern user requirements and development specifications
- Skill with Meteor, node.js, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, and other web technologies
- Experience working with external API’s (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience working with databases, including MongoDB
Who You Are:
- You understand, believe in and are familiar with the life-changing power of a good education
- You are talented, entrepreneurial, and driven and want to get in on the ground floor of a great startup
- You stand out among your peers for your communication skills
- You are self-motivated and able to set your own schedule
- You are willing to relocate to New Orleans, LA
Why This Is A Great Gig:
- You will be working on cool products that will significantly impact the lives of millions of people
- We are a ROWE environment, so there are no set work hours – the work just needs to get done
- We are able to offer a competitive combination of salary, equity, and benefits
- You will participate in and speak at conferences / hackathons / user groups / you name it
- You will be treated with the respect you deserve
How To Apply
Send your resume and details (recent projects, github, stackoverflow, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Business Development (Full Time)Posted January 2nd, 2017
The Manager of Business Development’s role is to help Torsh Inc. execute its mission as an education technology company in the teacher training and development space by assisting the CEO and sales team to execute a strategic business development plan across Pre K-12 and pre-service teacher training. In this role, the Manager of Business Development will work to foster partnerships and relationships across the U.S. with a range of schools, districts, schools of education, and professional development organizations. Success in this position requires leveraging internal resources to sell the Company’s services in a highly collaborative fashion and the ability to understand, communicate, and align a spectrum of client needs to the Company’s technology and service offerings.
The Manager of Business Development’s role is to help Torsh Inc. execute its mission as an education technology company in the teacher training and development space by assisting the CEO and sales team to execute a strategic business development plan across Pre K-12 and pre-service teacher training. In this role, the Manager of Business Development will work to foster partnerships and relationships across the U.S. with a range of schools, districts, schools of education, and professional development organizations. Success in this position requires leveraging internal resources to sell the Company’s services in a highly collaborative fashion and the ability to understand, communicate, and align a spectrum of client needs to the Company’s technology and service offerings. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of meeting individual and company-wide revenue goals and will be able to assist the CEO build a long-term portfolio of accounts and manage a multi-faceted business pipeline.
Strategy & Planning
· Assist in planning and executing the Company’s overall sales and business development strategy
· Develop and maintain an understanding of key customer needs including a thorough understanding of how the Company’s technology and services create value for customers
· Develop a thorough understanding of the technology trends that are affecting and impacting the Company’s industry
· Special projects/initiatives as assigned
Business Development/Relationship Management
· Aggressively seek and forge new relationships by leveraging the company’s existing customers and relationships to generate referrals
· Manage and grow key accounts in an organized and strategic fashion
· Use telephone and email consistently to make outgoing sales calls seeking new clients
· Handle incoming calls and assigned leads
· Work with the Company’s management resources, engineering resources, and relationship management resources, to achieve and exceed sales targets
· Attend relevant industry events, conferences, trade shows and functions
· Provide comprehensive plans and pipeline updates to management team
· With support from the appropriate internal resources, present special programs and opportunities to prospects and clients
· Aid the CEO and other members of the sales team in prospecting and building new business relationships with suppliers, vendors and technology partners
Formal Education & Certification
· Four year university degree is required; an advanced degree in education, business, finance, accounting or law is a strong plus
Knowledge & Experience
· 2 + years of experience in the education industry
· Sales/business development experience in education with a record of meeting and exceeding targets
· Sales experience in the professional development or human capital development industries is a strong plus
· Strong negotiation and business modeling skills (must be proficient with excel and standard modeling techniques)
· Technical aptitude, with the ability to appropriately understand and match technical requirements to individual customer needs
· Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
· Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, listening and written communication skills
· Strong planning, organization and time management skills
· Ability to coordinate multiple sales activities
· High level of professionalism and integrity; good judgment
· Superior work ethic and high energy level
· Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced, growing startup environment
· Travel required
The Manager of Business Development will be compensated with a competitive combination of base salary, commission, benefits and equity.
This role is based in New Orleans, LA. Relocation expenses will be reimbursed.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com