University of Florida Lastinger Center for LearningEarly Learning, Coaching & Teacher Improvement
The Lastinger Center at the University of Florida's College of Education, is an emerging leader in the teacher quality movement, dedicated to transforming teaching, improving learning and promoting healthy child development. The Lastinger Center partners with school districts, philanthropies, government entities and the private sector to deliver programs that boost teaching practice and advance student achievement. These programs work to promote racial equality and champion students and educators in the most vulnerable schools. Their Certified Instructional Coach Program works to develop coaches who can aid teachers in enhancing effective instruction, leadership and student learning.
What They Needed:
- A solution for capturing video and building communities of coaching practice for students in their Certified Instructional Coach Program.
- A platform for managing video observations and feedback that was fully integrated into their existing Canvas LMS for tracking and managing student assignments.
How They Use TORSH Talent:
- With full integration between TORSH Talent and Canvas' LMS, students and instructors blend the video capture and annotation features of TORSH Talent with Canvas’ LMS to submit and review assignments.
- Students in the Certified Instructional Coach Program use TORSH Talent to develop, analyze and improve their evolving coaching skills by creating communities of practice through which they receive timely and relevant feedback.
- Instructors use TORSH Talent’s structured feedback module and annotation features to evaluate student video submissions against the Certified Instructional Coach Evaluation Rubric.
In Their Own Words:
“TORSH Talent’s video capture and coaching platform has simplified and enriched collaboration and reflection for our students and instructors. Torsh has been a supportive and accommodating partner who was willing to work with us to integrate TORSH Talent with our Canvas LMS. We look forward to incorporating TORSH Talent into more of our programs.”
– Randell Duggins, Instructional Technology Coordinator